Saturday 30 August 2014

unRaid 6beta7 Update

The next beta of unRaid is out about a week and today I got around to installing on MediaServer8. I'd been on beta5 for some time as there was a problem in beta6 that prevented the Marvell SATA controllers on my motherboard working. Happily, this is now fixed in beta7.

I'd made a few adjustments to my TVServer Win7 VM to reduce the RamDisk size. Happily, on reboot, the RamDisk re-instantiated and the timeshift user share for activated automagically. This had been once concern for me - how would the RamDisk behave on VM restarts. Perfectly, as it turns out.

So this is all good news. I can now start playing with the new Docker features of unRAID and start thinking about whether Xen is the correct VM platform as KVM is now an option for me.



No comments: